Yesterday, in the midst of being downright crabby and stressed out about everything, my phone chimed to let me know that I had an email. When I opened the email, it was a notification about a comment made on my “about me” page, and this is the body of the text…
“I love reading your blog! You do all of the projects I wish I had the time to do! Sadly there aren’t enough hours in the day and with a baby and a toddler I have to pick projects that won’t result in toddler fingerprints in paint through the house or anything they can get into (sadly most of the projects I want to do) so I am living vicariously through your blog! Thank you for sharing (I also nominated you for a Liebster award.)”
It was from Kirstin over at The Diligent Housewife. What?! Immediately, my grouchy mood broke and I was smiling, and it was a big one. You know, that kind of smile that makes people wonder what you are up to. How awesome is that? I’m beyond touched that she nominated me. Go check out her blog – I love how down to earth and friendly she seems.
Let me explain what a Liebster Award is, because I had no idea what it was before I Googled it.
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other bloggers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
So, here are my top five picks!
1. Goodbye Whoopee Pie - perhaps the funniest blog about finding yourself and then, loving what you find. Oh, and she has a cat named Charlie Babbitt, loves glitter and googly eyes, and when I read what she writes, I wish that she lived next door to me so we could discuss it all over coffee. You will love her and want to be her best friend, I promise.
2. Good day, Sunshine - okay, I admit that I only ever found this blog because the writer/blogger has the same name as me – Eliesa. Do you know how rare that is? Crazy rare. (she found me on Pinterest – it’s weird to see that “Eliesa pinned “x” to “y” board, and it’s not me! Is this how all the Jennifers and Christines feel when they see their name too??) It might have started that way, but I have gone back because there is such a sweetness about her, and I love their pictures of their newlywed life, and they seem so darn HAPPY. It’s infectious.
3. Pig and Paint – I love this blog because she tackles just as many projects as I do, however, she takes much better pictures. Cooking, painting, sewing… she’s a jack of all trades! And I just love the name of her blog too – makes me think of a paint covered pig, running around a little farm, making a mess. Kind of how I feel sometimes
4. Real Food For Less – As a person who needs to lose a few, okay, a lot of pounds, this blog is inspiring for me. Wendy has lost 120 pounds, the healthy way – eating well and lots of exercise. She includes ideas for healthy snacks, encouragement and isn’t preachy. And she’s super nice too!
5. Design Pill Blog – Diana is a createaholic – sounds like a girl after my own heart! She has a degree in Interior Design and she’s just starting her own company. I think she might have to come on over and help me figure out my design mess! And I can’t wait to find out what her Naughty Banana page is going to be about…
I hope you stop by and say hi to my nominees, I know it would make their day!
Thanks again for stopping by, checking out my blog and leaving comments and asking questions. They make me happy, and I love knowing that people are reading my blog and liking it!